Through its actions, EAG strives to achieve community strength and cohesion centered around a vibrant and active commercial corridor in the San Francisco Excelsior Neighborhood
Our mission sounds simple: To revitalize the San Francisco Excelsior neighborhood's commercial corridor by involving residents, merchants, neighborhood associations, and city agencies through activities aimed to reinvigorate, green, beautify, strengthen, and unify our diverse community.
We are a volunteer-driven, community-based, nonprofit organization that leads and implements a variety of projects on the corridor, including both large and small events, capital improvements, beautification, and safety work. We like to think that the ACTION in Excelsior Action Group remains true today as it was in 2002 when neighbors got together to address issues of blight, economic inequality, and disinvestment. Today, we continue to respond to our community's ideas and energy around our neighborhood's economic viability and diversity. But we can't do it alone.
EAG has chosen to pursue its mission by providing support for local merchants and through our community development projects. We define the Excelsior's commercial corridor as the section of Mission Street between Silver Avenue and Geneva Avenue in San Francisco. Like any neighborhood, there are a lot of ways EAG could improve the area. With our limited resources, we have chosen to focus only on this section of Mission Street so as to maximize our visible impact.
Office: Stephanie Cajina, Stanley Moy
Advisory Board: Grace D'Anca, Al Harris, Mary Harris, Deborah LeDet, Angie Minkin, Chris Harris, Andrea Granda, Eamon O'Connor, Dr. Lila Baker Reedy
highlighted gray area marks the extent of EAG's mission
The Excelsior Mission Street shopping district will be an inviting, inclusive urban village. Eclectic shops, specialty stores, services and restaurants along the attractive, tree-lined sidewalks of our Mission Street corridor will be well-served by public transportation and will provide for the daily needs of residents as well as attract visitors from around the city. Arts and cultural institutions will offer evening entertainment in our safe, friendly neighborhood. Diverse individuals, families, and merchants will proudly participate in building and sustaining a true sense of cooperation, care and community in the Excelsior. People who live here and those who visit will meet and mix to enjoy the Excelsior's spirit and unique character.
- Acknowledging and celebrating the DIVERSITY of the community and the merchants on our corridor as one of the Excelsior's greatest assets
- Striving to maximize COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT & PARTNERSHIPS in the prioritizing, planning, and implementation of EAG's vision and programs
- Activating the strong spirit of VOLUNTEERISM in the Excelsior to meet the needs of the community
- Providing LEADERSHIP as an organization and as individuals in the process to revitalize, unify, strengthen, beautify, and green the commercial corridor and the community
- Acting with INTEGRITY in all we do by holding our organization and ourselves to the highest standards of honesty and respect for the community we serve