- If you are going to a bar or someone's house for a party, please designate a driver before arriving. "Buzzed Driving" is drunk driving. Stopping at halftime does not ensure that you will be sober by the end of the game.
- If you are hosting a party, ensure that none of your guests leave your home while intoxicated. Consider serving non-alcoholic drinks later in the game and to those who appear to be over doing it. Coffee does not speed up the sobering process. It just creates a wide awake drunk. Only time will bring about sobriety. Consider scheduling dinner for after the game to give the streets time to clear before your guests leave.
- When the 49ers win the Super bowl, there will likely be spontaneous celebrations and people taking to the streets. Remember to stay on the sidewalk. Running into the street to celebrate may seem like fun, but it is very dangerous.
- The San Francisco Police Department will have additional personnel working to keep the celebrations safe. We want people to have a good time, but we want them to be safe. If an officer asks you to leave an area or directs you to go in a certain direction, please understand that they may be aware of a potential problem in the immediate area of which you are unaware.
- If you are driving and see there is significant road congestion ahead, change your route and avoid that area.
- After the Giants won the World Series, crowds took to the streets to celebrate. Some in the celebration became a problem. A bus was destroyed, fires were started, and fights broke out. If you are out in a celebration, use your own good judgement to gauge the crowd. If you see the celebration turning into something you don't want to be a part of, leave the area and return home or to a place of safety (a friend's house, etc.).
- If you witness an individual or group of people starting a problem, call the police and avoid contact with those individuals. Be as descriptive as possible to help officers identify any trouble makers. If people in a vehicle are driving in a very unsafe manner, please try to get the license plate, vehicle description, and a direction of travel. Do not confront persons who are being aggressive or who you think "are looking for trouble".
- If you want to be a part of the celebration, consider waiting for a City sponsored event after the 49ers return.